Here is a roundup of some recent news and analyses from and about Ohio. 10 August 2012.
- “Ohio Economy Improving, but residents can’t feel it” by Michael A. Fletcher for The Washington Post published 7 August 2012. A sanguine view of the state’s economic recovery, except from the view of Ohioans themselves.
- “Poll: Ohio economy buoys President, Kasich,” by Jim Provance for the Toledo Blade published 3 August 2012. Those mixed views carried over to voter preferences at the state and national levels.
- Quinnipiac University/CBS News/New York Times “Swing State Poll” published 1 August 2012. Obama leads in Ohio, including among women, independents.
- “Stick to Prudent Budget in Ohio,” by The Intelligencer, Wheeling News Register (Ohio Valley) on 10 August 2012. Opinion that Kasich’s doing the budget right, putting over $400 million in the bank and possibly $1 billion by next year.
- “Pittsburgh and Ohio rebound from shale gas,” by Mark Perry for the Daily Markets on 10 August 2012. Or is it it the shale formations under our feet doing us good?
- “Jimmy Played it All Wrong,” and “Cleveland Suckered Again by a Browns Owner” by Roldo Bartimole for CoolCleveland.com. Roldo’s view on the conviction of former Cuyahoga County Commissioner Jimmy Dimora.